Friday, July 13, 2012

#2 - This Part of Me

I believe it is just right to say that the hardest and most difficult person to analyze would be your own self. While describing other people can be as easy and as quick by giving them a single glance, knowing oneself goes a long way. Your knowledge about other people is as limited as how well you know them, how long you've known them ,and how frequent you are together. But as for knowing yourself, things get oddly true. You might just start to define yourself with your limitations, assests, fears or strengths, but then another part of you pops up that you weren't aware of before, and you know yourself again. And then, you start to realize, setting a definition for your whole existence now is just plain impossible.

Even so, I'm more than glad to write about how well I know myself as of the moment(since I failed to do so in my previous posts). So, Hi! My name is Dinah Pearl S. Madelo, 16 years of age, currently a freshman of the Mindanao State University - Iligan Insitute of Technology, my second home for about 4 years now, since I spent my high school years at the Integrated Developmental School. I currently reside at Tubod, Iligan City.  Why my parents named me Dinah is within the jurisdiction of a baby book, while Pearl is my Mama's birthstone. She gave birth to me on that fateful night of February 25th at the year 1996 in Iligan City, and just like that, a child of Mr. Gilbert and Mrs. Mitchelene Madelo came to the world. Before you get any ideas of me being the only bundle of joy in my family, I should stop you right there. I have three other siblings, the eldest, Dannielle Paige, my younger brother, Dexter Paul and our baby sister, Daphne Pritz. The reason behind the trend of using D's and P's is something I'm not aware of, and my parents doesn't have a concrete explanation either. Anyway, moving forward, I grew to become a bubbly, loud, yet a critical minded young lady. I've spent most of my years with my grandparents due to unfavorable circumstances, but more or less, it made me into what I am today.

Surely enough, my flaws include paranoia, insecurity and anxiety which I get most of the time. I have this need of having to be in control of situations, and that's why I try my to do my best in everything. I like to challenge myself every time, and so my habit of reading books was born. My love for reading has lead me to become more interested in learning new stuff anywhere I go, and apply those what I've learned in true situations. Hence, another hobby was born out of it and that is watching National Geographic Channel documentaries every chance I get even in the wee hours of the night. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a science geek, I just happen to be so curious about anything underneath the sun, and the sun itself too. I also love collecting Danielle Steel books, a hobby I inherited from my Mom, simply because I just can't get enough of her novels. From this point, one could actually point out that my likes lay with communication skills and literary stuff, and therefore, my future has to do something with it. Uhmm, no. The curricular program I'm taking right now are like dimensions apart. I'm an Electronics and Communications Engineering student, not sure entirely what future I'd get soon, maybe because I'm not really good in Math, but most definitely, I'll make the most out of it. My dream of being a productive electronics engineer will be achieved in no time, for I have my Mama, Papa, Mommy and Daddy as my pillars of inspiration to get going in the right track as I have for the past 16 years. And so far, I believe that they are proud of what I have achieved.






Fulfilling dreams in life starts with knowing what your heart desires. As for me, what I know about myself has lead to continuously persevere in order to not lose sight of my goal. Just think right, do right, and things will follow. More or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment